Exercise Physiologist - Community
Job Title: Grade 2 Exercise Physiologist
- Fixed-term Part Time
- Community Rehabilitation Role
- Dynamic Multi-disciplinary team
About Monash Health
Monash Health is an impressive organisation of seven public hospitals, 21 community health sites, five aged care facilities, university affiliated international research and tertiary education. We provide health care for the entire lifespan from pre-birth to palliative care and all stages in between, and we have recently opened the new 230-bed Monash Children’s Hospital.
About Monash Health Community and Allied Health
Monash Health Community and Allied Health share the vision of One Team, Making a Difference Together. This vision is underpinned by the following principles
- We provide quality care focused on the person in the context of their life
- we are interdisciplinary and innovate with a can do attitude
- we view change and challenge as great opportunities
Monash Health Community and Allied Health provide and integrated and interdisciplinary service providing the highest quality patient centered care across the continuum. This service is underpinned buy a robust governance structure and contemporary service improvement methodologies. We are a recognised leader in health delivery.
About the Role
We have a large adult bed based department across five hospital sites; Monash Medical Centre, Kingston Centre, Dandenong, Moorabbin and Casey Hospitals and teams of exercise physiologists in community health and community rehabilitation.
Quality improvement, research and workforce development are valued at Monash Health.
The role will support the Health Independence Program to achieve targets, improve service efficiency and service co-ordination and the client's experience.
The Exercise Physiologist will be responsible for the development of individual and group exercise programs. The role will focus on providing the right care in the right place at the right time and promoting health and well being and independence to all clients.
The Exercise Physiologist will be required to work across multiple sites.
- The Exercise Physiologist will be responsible for the provision of high quality care in an interdisciplinary model of care incorporating best practice in a community setting.
- The Exercise Physiologist will act as a resource person on all exercise physiology matters to other team members.
- The Exercise Physiologist will work as a member of the Community Rehabilitation team and contribute to achieving client goals through a team approach.
Are you an exercise physiologist with experience working in the community ?
Are you a flexible person who loves working as part of a high functioning multidisciplinary team?
Are you dedicated to patient centred care?
We are looking for a person with
- demonstrated clinical expertise in exercise prescription - experience in community setting highly regarded
- demonstrated ability to function independently and within an interdisciplinary team.
- demonstrated ability to work collaboratively within an inter professional team to achieve optimal patient care and outcomes.
Monash Health recognises the value of equal employment opportunity and is committed to patient safety and promoting fairness, equity and diversity in the workplace. At Monash Health we are relentless in our pursuit of excellence and work to our six guiding principles.
Preferred candidates will require a clear Police Check and a current Working with Children’s Check prior to any offers of employment being made.
As part of our selection process, you may be invited by email to participate in an on-camera video interview.
Please note, applications will be accepted via the Monash Health online Mercury System only. Email applications will not be considered.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: