Recreation Planning And Project Officer
Mornington Peninsula Shire
Mornington Peninsula Shire is Victoria’s destination municipality, characterised by unique townships, highly productive agriculture, world renowned landscapes, tourist regions, and areas of national and international conservation significance within a vital Green Wedge.
With approximately 1200 employees, Mornington Peninsula Shire is a busy and vibrant workplace.
Situated at Mornington Peninsula Shire’s Rosebud Foreshore Office, the Sport and Recreation group is one of five teams that make up the Infrastructure Strategy and Climate Change Unit and is primary responsible for the planning, management and operation of the Shire’s Sport and Recreation assets.
Recreation Planning and Project Officer
- Temporary full-time, up to 12 months with possibility for extension.
- $71,181.87 (Excl. Super)
- Work with a range of stakeholders to promote a healthy, engaged and liveable community
Contribute to the planning & development of recreation facilities, programs and projects that promote physical activity, health & wellbeing for the community’s benefit.
About the role
The Recreation Planning and Project Officer role focuses on planning for and assisting with the implementation of recreation and open space related capital works projects as well as the development of strategies, master plans and funding submissions to support a healthy and happy Peninsula.
The successful candidate will be an organised, qualified and passionate player, eager to join the Sport & Recreation Team at Mornington Peninsula Shire and possess exceptional project planning skills to enable the provision of outstanding support to a wide range of exciting capital projects.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Planning and assisting with the implementation of sport, recreation and open space capital works and grant projects.
- Contributing to the management of minor recreation and open space planning projects, strategies and master plans.
- Assisting with identification and preparation of recreation grants and funding submissions.
- Devising and undertaking community and stakeholder consultation programs.
- Researching, writing and presenting reports on a wide range of sport recreation and open space topics.
- Making decisions that reflect Mornington Peninsula Shire’s core values when representing Council at official functions, meetings, seminars, conveying a positive public image of Council.
- Undertaking relevant community consultation and providing advice to management and other stakeholders to ensure the Shire is both proactive and responsive to community needs.
- Supporting the Sport and Recreation team to provide quality customer service.
Skills, experience & other requirements
- A degree or diploma in Sport and Recreation Management / Planning or similar with some relevant experience or a lesser formal qualification with identifiably more experience in a similar role.
- Experience working in a similar community facing role.
- Demonstrated knowledge of issues and opportunities pertaining to the role and an understanding of strategy development and process in local government.
- Experience strengthening and developing stakeholder relationships and maintaining communication and collaboration with internal and external clients to achieve common goals.
- A high level written and oral communication skills including the ability to prepare reports, briefings, submissions and other relevant correspondence.
- A high level of knowledge and experience with the Microsoft Office suite of programs with the ability to adapt to new corporate software and databases and the ability to develop and maintain computerised information systems.
- An Employee Working with Children Check (mandatory).
- Australian Criminal History Check clearance, undertaken by the Shire (mandatory).
- A current Victorian Drivers Licence (mandatory).
Please review the PD in full for specific information about this role.
To apply, please submit your CV and a one-page cover letter addressing the key selection criteria by 6 pm, Friday 20th December 2019.
The Mornington Peninsula Shire is committed to creating a diverse and safe environment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and Child Safe employer. We welcome applicants who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander; have a disability; and/or a culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) background.
Applicants must be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or hold a valid work permit or visa.
For a confidential discussion about this exciting opportunity, please contact Mark Stahel, Team Leader – Sport and Recreation on 03 5950 1238.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: