Carrum Downs, VIC
Do you have a passion for furniture design?
Are you an out of the box problem solver that thrives on delivering the highest quality to provide great customer outcomes?
Is this your time deliver your ideas and suggestions forward to a team that listens and cares about staff engagement?
Dal Brands is a leading commercial seating manufacturer in Australia. We specialise in the design and manufacture of commercial seating. Our specialised ergonomic furniture is well known, and we are currently expanding into new areas of commercial seating.
We are looking for an experienced upholsterer to become part of our small commercial upholstery team. The successful applicant will need to have experience in office seating as well as experience in commercial soft seating and lounges. This is a full-time role based in in our Carrum Downs factory
· Upholstering of all types of office chairs, including lounges and soft seating
· Assist with product design and prototyping
· Dismantling and reassembling furniture
· Working in all aspects of production as required
· Checking quality and components
· Meeting daily production schedule
· Ensuring tools and equipment are checked and used correctly
· Working to safe operating procedures
· Cycle counting to ensure a high level of inventory acuracy
Skills and experience:
· Upholstery qualifications, with trade certificate
· Experience with furniture design, upholstery and manufacturing
· Skilled manual handling experience
· Ability to work to deadlines
· Forklift licence is an advantage, but not essential
· Focus on quality with strong attention to detail
· Commitment to working in a safe manner
· Comfortable working with computer-based production system
· Ability to collaborate well with others cross divisionally
· Continuous improvement mindset
· Lean manufacturing/six sigma knowledge advantageous
A generous remuneration package will be offered to the successful applicant based on experience and qualifications. Please indicate the salary range that would meet your expectations.
If you feel that you are the right person for the role, we would love to hear from you. Click the Apply button, and send a cover letter with your resume.
Job Type: Permanent
- Qualified Upholsterer: 5 years (Required)
- Permitted to work permanently with no restriction on hours (e.g. citizen, permanent resident) (Required)
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: