Peninsula Health - Mornington, VIC
• Supportive and dynamic team environment• Beautiful Mornington location
• Salary packaging benefits About Peninsula Health
Peninsula Health provides public healthcare services to residents of the Mornington Peninsula.
Our hospitals and emergency departments are located at Frankston and Rosebud, and we provide a wide range of community health, dental, rehabilitation, mental health, palliative care ad aged care services from campuses at Frankston, Hastings, Mornington and Rosebud.
Person centred care is at the heart of everything we do, guided by our values of Services, Integrity, Compassion, Respect and Excellence.
For more information on Peninsula health please feel welcome to visit our website http://www.peninsulahealth.org.au/ Position Summary
Flinders Ward currently has an opportunity for a dynamic and motivated registered nurse and Enrolled Nurse to join its successful team. Collaborating closely within a multidisciplinary unit, the registered nurse will use evidence-based strategies to develop and implement optimal person-centred plans of care for our patients and their families. Key Responsibilities
• Assess, plan, implement, evaluate and document comprehensive nursing care within the area in accordance with evidence based best practice standards and Peninsula Health Values. • Ensure the safety of the public, patients and staff in relation to the provision of a safe environment from both OH&S and Infection Control Perspectives.
• Complete all mandatory training as per hospital policy and participate in organised training and development activities. • Assist in the orientation of new staff and the supervision and instruction of students. Essential Criteria
• Registered Nurse or Endorsed Enrolled Nurse with current AHPRA registration. • Registered Nurses must have completion of a graduate year program.
• Demonstrated commitment to delivering high quality outcomes for consumers. • Demonstrated clinical knowledge and skills commensurate with experience and scope.
• Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team. • Able to use basic computer software applications.
• Ability to prepare written documentation using clear, concise and grammatically correct language. • Communicates well with and relates to
Consumers from a wide range of cultures and backgrounds. • Availability to work a minimum across a 7 day rotating roster Benefits
• Access to ongoing education and development• Flexibility within rostering
• Leave entitlements associated with public service• Generous Salary Packaging - maximise an employee’s net salary by directing some of their pre-tax salary to pay for certain benefit items, such as rent, personal loan or mortgage
• Parking – On-site, low cost parking facilities at all sites• Beautiful Mornington Peninsula location How to apply
To apply for this position via Seek, please click on 'Apply for this Position' which will re-direct you to our careers page. From our Careers page, to apply or to continue with your application from Seek please click on 'Apply Now' and follow the below steps to finalise your application:Existing Account Users:
1. Click 'Sign in' and follow the prompts to upload your Resume and Cover letter New Account Users:
1. Click 'Register' to create an account
2. Once registered, click 'Sign in' in the top right hand corner3. Type in the reference number (located at the top of the ad)
4. Re click 'Apply Now’ and follow the prompts to upload your Resume and Cover letter If you experience any issues signing in or registering to our careers page, please feel welcome to contact our HR Hotline on 03 9784 2700.
If you have any questions specific to the positon you are applying for, please feel welcome to contact the hiring manager via the contact details below. Other Information
• Ensuring the health and safety of our patients, visitors and staff is at the heart of everything we do. As part of this commitment, all new members of our team must complete a National Criminal History Records Check, meet the immunisation requirements of their role and demonstrate evidence of current work rights to work in Australia prior to commencement. You may also be required to provide a Working With Children Check card. To find out more about our quality employment standards and to prepare your application to join our team please visit: https://www.peninsulahealth.org.au/careers/working-preparing-employment/
• Peninsula Health is committed to providing positive employment opportunities and outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and welcome employment applications from candidates of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background.
• Peninsula Health believes in the strength of a diverse and inclusive workforce where each person’s uniqueness is valued. Peninsula Health believes that by embracing the diverse life experiences and perspectives of our people, we will provide high-quality health care to all members of our community – regardless of gender, age, ethnicity, cultural background, disability, religion or sexual orientation.• Peninsula Health ensures the safety and wellbeing of Victorians living with a disability and will conduct an additional pre-employment check prior to making an offer of employment to a potential employee. This safeguard strengthens existing pre-employment screening processes to better protect people with disability who access disability services. Click here to view information on living on the Mornington Peninsula Click here to view information on preparing for your employment at Peninsula Health