Peninsula Health - Rosebud, VIC
About Peninsula Health
Peninsula Health provides public healthcare services to residents of the Mornington Peninsula.
Our hospitals and emergency departments are located at Frankston and Rosebud, and we provide a wide range of community health, dental, rehabilitation, mental health, palliative care ad aged care services from campuses at Frankston, Hastings, Mornington and Rosebud.
Person centred care is at the heart of everything we do, guided by our values of Services, Integrity, Compassion, Respect and Excellence.
For more information on Peninsula health please feel welcome to visit our website http://www.peninsulahealth.org.au/ Position Summary
Join our dynamic Women's Health Medical Team as a part time Specialist in Obstetrics and Gynaecology.
Leading integrated patient-centred healthcare network in the Bayside region are looking for Specialists in Obstetrics and Gynaecology to join our team on a part time (fractional) basis. Contracts are offered for 1 year, extendable for up to a further 4 years, subject to satisfactory performance review.
The Department of Women's Health has developed more specialised services in high risk antenatal care and gynaecological outpatient services. This includes ambulatory gynaecology and paediatric and adolescent gynaecology, with more services planned.
Peninsula Health is committed to providing high quality health care services that are integrated, easily accessible, caring, person and family centred to the Frankston and Mornington Peninsula communities. The role of employees in achieving this is recognised through attention to workplace culture, environment and capacity building.
Senior Medical Specialists are expected to deliver safe, evidenced based person centred care to a defined group of patients and clients within their scope of practice. They will also act in a supervisory and mentoring capacity for Registrars, Hospital Medical Officer (HMOs) and Medical Students and their allocated patients.
Applications are invited from qualified and registered medical practitioners. Fellowship of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists or equivalent qualifications are essential.
Salary packaging benefits and a comprehensive clinical and non-clinical training and development program is available to all staff. Peninsula Health Staff are proud of their person centred approach, and live our values of Service, Integrity, Respect, Compassion and Excellence.
Ensuring the health and safety of our patients, visitors and staff is at the heart of everything we do. As part of this commitment, all new members of our team must meet the immunisation requirements of their role prior to commencement.
Peninsula Health is committed to providing positive employment opportunities and outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and welcome employment applications from candidates of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background.
Peninsula Health believes in the strength of a diverse and inclusive workforce where each person’s uniqueness is valued. Peninsula Health believes that by embracing the diverse life experiences and perspectives of our people, we will provide high-quality health care to all members of our community – regardless of gender, age, ethnicity, cultural background, disability, religion or sexual orientation.
To apply, please click on the APPLY NOW button to forward your current resume and covering letter for consideration. Key Responsibilities
• Provide antenatal and intrapartum care.• Provide outpatient, acute and surgical gynaecological care.
• Provide high quality evidence based clinical care within the designated scope of practice• Promote a culture of continuous improvement by monitoring services and practice
• Lead and manage junior staff to achieve optimum health outcomes• Be aware of and work in accordance with organisational policies and procedures including conflict of interest, confidentiality, code of conduct, credentialing, safe introduction of new interventions into clinical practice, financial code of practice, workplace behaviour and intellectual property Essential Criteria
Please refer to the Position Description for more information Benefits
• Generous Salary Packaging - maximise an employee’s net salary by directing some of their pre-tax salary to pay for certain benefit items, such as rent, personal loan or mortgage• Parking – On-site, low cost parking facilities at all sites
• Beautiful Mornington Peninsula location• Career development opportunities How to apply
To apply for this position via Seek, please click on 'Apply for this Position' which will re-direct you to our careers page. From our Careers page, to apply or to continue with your application from Seek please click on 'Apply Now' and follow the below steps to finalise your application: Existing Account Users:
1. Click 'Sign in' and follow the prompts to upload your Resume and Cover letter New Account Users:
1. Click 'Register' to create an account
2. Once registered, click 'Sign in' in the top right hand corner 3. Type in the reference number (located at the top of the ad)
4. Re click 'Apply Now’ and follow the prompts to upload your Resume and Cover letter If you experience any issues signing in or registering to our careers page, please feel welcome to contact our HR Hotline on 03 9784 2700. If you have any questions specific to the positon you are applying for, please feel welcome to contact the hiring manager via the contact details below Other Information
• Ensuring the health and safety of our patients, visitors and staff is at the heart of everything we do. As part of this commitment, all new members of our team must complete a National Criminal History Records Check, meet the immunisation requirements of their role and demonstrate evidence of current work rights to work in Australia prior to commencement. You may also be required to provide a Working With Children Check card. To find out more about our quality employment standards and to prepare your application to join our team please visit: https://www.peninsulahealth.org.au/careers/working-preparing-employment/
Peninsula Health is committed to providing positive employment opportunities and outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and welcome employment applications from candidates of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background.• Peninsula Health believes in the strength of a diverse and inclusive workforce where each person’s uniqueness is valued. Peninsula Health believes that by embracing the diverse life experiences and perspectives of our people, we will provide high-quality health care to all members of our community – regardless of gender, age, ethnicity, cultural background, disability, religion or sexual orientation. Click here to view information on living on the Mornington Peninsula Click here to view information on preparing for your employment at Peninsula Health